The Baum Harmon Mercy Hospital Auxiliary was organized in November of 1958 and was originally known as the Ward Memorial Hospital Auxiliary. Over the years, the auxilary raised money by serving dinners, having bake sales, coffees, dances, magazine sales, candy sales, card parties, mother-daughter banquets and talent shows.
The Baum Harmon Mercy Hospital Auxiliary has a membership drive every fall. Some of their activities today include assisting with the local blood bank, providing cookies for hospital visitors, hosting an annual salad luncheon and pancake breakfast, and serving lunch at Primghar's Cobblestone Days. Hand embroidered dish towels are available for sale in the hospital lobby.
The funds raised by the auxiliary have been used to update hospital patient rooms and purchase equipment for the Baum Harmon Health and Fitness Center, the hospital, and Mercy Medical Clinics in Primghar, Paullina, Sutherland and Hartley. For more information, or to become a member, contact the hospital business office at 712-957-2300.