Our hospital owns and operates its own full service lab to perform a variety of laboratory services.
Some of the blood tests performed include:
- Blood Lipids – this test provides an important look at LDL and HDL cholesterol and triglycerides
- Blood Chemistry Tests – these tests evaluate liver and kidney function; electrolyte balance; blood sugar level; protein and nutritional status
- Thyroid Function (T3, T4, FreeT4, TSH) – these tests check the level of thyroid hormones in the bloodstream, which control your body’s metabolism
- PSA (Prostatic Specific Antigen) – screen for the presence of prostate disorders
- Complete Blood Count – this test determines if anemia is present. A white blood cell count is taken, as elevated levels can indicate the presence of infection
- Blood Transfusion Service – test for blood type and compatibility with donor blood products for transfusions
- Coagulation Tests – to monitor anticoagulant therapy or diagnose bleeding disorders
- CEA – screen for the presence of cancer
- Cardiac Enzyme Test - to test for the presence of myocardial infarction
For more information on the laboratory service provided, please contact the hospital at 402-685-5601, the Oakland Mercy Medical Clinic at (402) 685-5116, the Lyons Mercy Medical Clinic at 402-687-2171, the Tekamah Mercy Medical Clinic at 402-685-6090.