Mercy's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides brief, solution focused counseling to employees at more than 30 companies and agencies in the Siouxland region and to their immediate family members. Our counselors are skilled at addressing specific needs in the workplace, which sets our counselors apart from traditional therapists. EAP counselors not only help individual employees cope better with issues at work and home, but they also go into the workplace and build work teams, provide crisis intervention and deliver a large menu of programs that positively impact productivity and cooperation.
Employees and their families receive confidential assistance with a variety of life issues, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Elder care
- Child care
- Financial and legal concerns
- Child/adolescent behavior and learning difficulties
- Family/relationship issues
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Domestic violence
- Educational and career problems
See a list of employers who contract with Mercy Business Health Services for employee assistance.
Employers who invest in assistance programs for their employees benefit from:
- Reduced health and mental health care costs
- Reduced absenteeism and tardiness
- Reduced workplace accidents and workers' compensation claims
- Increased productivity
- Improved morale
The Employee Assistance Program provides the following services to employers:
- Supervisor/management consultation
- Critical incident stress management
- Substance Abuse Professional Services (SAPs)
- Policy and program development
- Organizational consultation
- Supervisory Training Manual (Adobe PDF Document)
To learn more about Mercy's Employee Assistance Program please call (712) 274-4300 or toll free 1-800-369-8800.
For the latest issue of EAP @ Work, click here.
To access a current copy of "Frontline Supervisor", click here.
Click here to send an e-mail.