Mercy Medical Center is interested in your experiences as a recent patient or family member of a patient at our hospital. We are currently forming a Patient/Family Advisory Council that will enable patients and families to have direct input and influence on policies, programs and practices at Mercy Medical Center. This group meets once per month and the members provide input that will help Mercy meet the healthcare needs of the people of our community. The goals of this program are:
- To ensure that care at Mercy Medical Center is patient and family centered.
- To improve patient safety.
- To improve collaboration between caregivers, patients, and families so that their concerns regarding quality of care are addressed promptly and effectively.
- To improve patient and family satisfaction.
- To further build a positive relationship with the hospital and members of the community.
While you do not need any specific experience or background to serve on this Council, you should have the following qualities:
- A positive approach and ability to share and see different points of view
- Good listening skills
- Enthusiasm about Mercy Medical Center
- Ability to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way
- Willingness to communicate constructively and work with patients, families, friends, and staff whose backgrounds, experiences and styles may be different than your own
If you meet the above criteria and have been a patient and/or family member at Mercy, please consider being part of our new Patient/Family Advisory Council. Click here, for the application form. Please complete the application, print it and mail it to: Londa Krull, Mercy Medical Center, 801 5th St., Sioux City, IA 51101. If you have questions about this opportunity, please call 712-279-2771 or email: email@example.com.