When a work-related injury occurs, getting that employee back to full duty in a safe and timely manner is a priority for most businesses. Whether it's a repetitive motion injury or a post-surgical case, having a therapist with occupational injury/illness experience and excellent communication skills can make the difference between a long recovery and a quick return-to-work.
That's where we come in. Mercy Business Health Services offers convenient occupational and physical therapy at our 3500 Singing Hills Boulevard location. Our therapists work with the treating physician and your company to get the employee back to work.
Our rehabilitation services include:
- Education for the patient on his/her injury or illness so the patient can take charge of his/her recovery process.
- Use of common treatment modalities, along with therapeutic activities.
- An emphasis on an 'active' vs. 'passive' rehabilitation process that includes home activities to enhance the transition back to regular duty.
- Splinting to protect, position, strengthen and/or increase function.
- Functional capacity evaluation.
- Post-offer screenings that include back screenings, preventive exercise instruction and review of safe body mechanics.
- Preventive education through ergonomic job hazard analysis, postural analysis and exercise programs.