"The purpose of worksite wellness is not to change people, but to change the culture."
- D.W. Edington, University of Michigan
Wellness can be defined as being aware of and actively working towards better health. Mercy Business Health Services can help your company with a planned approach for a comprehensive results-oriented program that will meet your employees' needs and impact your company's bottom line.
Why should you initiate a worksite wellness program? Frankly, you can't afford not to. Here's why:
- Health care costs continue to rise
- Leading causes of illness can be avoided
- Increasing diversity in the workforce
- Workweek expansion
- Technology revolution
- Stress levels are increasing
Mercy Business Health Services believes that the Wellness Council of America's 7 Cs are critical to the success of any worksite health promotion initiatives.
1. Concentrating on Senior-Level Support
2. Creating A Cohesive Team
3. Collecting Data to Drive Health Efforts
4. Carefully Crafting an Operating Plan
5. Choosing Appropriate Interventions
6. Creating Supportive Environments
7. Consistently Evaluating Outcomes
Whether your company chooses to do a quarterly lunch 'n' learn or a comprehensive screening and behavior change program, we can help you select the interventions that will make a difference.
In addition to wellness program development, we offer:
- Fitness testing (body fat, flexibility, aerobic capacity, muscular strength and endurance)
- Wellness blood tests
- Incentive programs
- Health education seminars
- Tobacco cessation programs
- Personal wellness counseling
- Health fair coordination
- Bone density screening
- DermaScan skin analysis
- Vision screening
Wellness services are scheduled at your convenience.